Thursday, August 20, 2009

Christine Schreier is also a new member of the Artisans' Co-op and our only doll maker. She was born and raised in Germany and was engaged in "handwork" from an early age, however the genesis of her doll making started in 1976 when she created one for her child for Christmas. Her style and technique improved and soon she started selling in Zurich. The family moved to California and then to Florida and Tennessee and back to California with other adventures in between. During this time, Christine continued to perfect her art and sell it.
Christine has has several styles of dolls on display and ready for new homes at the Co-op. The dolls include gnomes, finger puppets, forest folk and the sweetest cuddly dolls you will ever see.

1 comment:

tiziana boccaletti said...

Hi there fellow artisans. My name is Tiziana and I am a fiber artist living in San Diego. I am originally from Switzerland and I look forward to connecting with artisans here in California. Some of my work appeared in the current issue of Living Crafts Magazine...I also write stories for children and make all sorts of Waldorf-inspired creations (mainly in wool or recycled wool)...
I'd love to see pictures of everybody's work...

create and prosper,
tiziana